Kind donations made to our winter campaign support homeless or at-risk people across Nottinghamshire and East Riding.
In our 150th year, YMCA’s services are needed more than ever to support the growing numbers of vulnerable and homeless people across our region. This winter, we appeal for your donations to help us to continue providing kindness, community and support during the harshest cold months of the year.
Your generous gifts and donations could:
- Make sure that nobody goes without a gift on Christmas day
- Provide equipment and essentials for people in supported accommodation
- Create projects and opportunities to support residents’ wellbeing and independence
- Fund a hot meal on Christmas day, prepared by chefs at The Malt Cross
How you can help
Give a gift
Drop-off a physical gift at one of our seven locations across the region.
Make a donation
A one-off donation to secure gifts, a Christmas meal, essentials and wellbeing initiatives for residents in Nottinghamshire and East Riding.
Become a Roomsponsor
A monthly donation to support local young people affected by homelessness.
Give a gift: Drop-off points
If you would like to give a physical gift, you can drop them off at one of our seven locations across Nottinghamshire and East Riding. Reception opening times may differ, so please call ahead where possible.
- YMCA Housing, Shakespeare Street, Nottingham
- YMCA Gym, Shakespeare Street, Nottingham
- The Malt Cross, St James’s Street, Nottingham
- YMCA Housing, Bridge Street, Worksop
- YMCA Housing, Commercial Gate, Mansfield
- YMCA Housing, Edinburgh Street, Goole
- YMCA Community and Activity Village, Newark-on-Trent
Polite note: Please bring gifts unwrapped. Our team know our residents well, and so we spend time making sure each gift is safe, appropriate, and is matched with the best possible recipient! We do welcome donations of gift-wrapping materials to help us prepare for the big day.
What should I give?
Throughout October of this year, we consulted with our residents to make sure our winter campaign met their needs. As part of this, residents commonly asked for:
- Toiletries (e.g. shower gel, shampoo, skincare)
- Festive food and treats (e.g. biscuits, chocolate)
- Activities (e.g. books, board games)
- Clothes and accessories (e.g. hats, socks, pyjamas)
- Homeware (e.g. mugs, bowls)
- Stationery (e.g. notepads, diaries)
We work with a diverse mix of cultures, ages and genders in supported accommodation, plus a smaller number of children aged between 8-17 as part of our children’s residential care service.
I’d like to make a corporate donation
We are incredibly grateful for businesses that choose to support us during the festive season. Your kindness makes a huge difference to our campaign. Please contact email@example.com to arrange your donation.