Choose Your Location

Our YMCA provides temporary supported accommodation for vulnerable young people and adults across Nottinghamshire and East Riding. Operating under a multi-stage programme of resettlement, we help individuals to regain their independence and reach their full life potential.

We manage accommodation in Nottingham city centre, Mansfield and Worksop, with additional housing services for young people in Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire.

Transitional Homes

 Our YMCA team understands that a person’s journey through homelessness is not always a linear process. To ensure residents are given the best opportunity to build a brighter future, we also provide transitional houses across Nottingham, Mansfield and Worksop. These homes serve as a bridge for residents who no longer require emergency housing support but still need guidance reintegrating into the community on their road to regaining independence.

Placement of residents in our transitional homes is dependent on an applicant’s individual needs assessment. 

Apply for Housing support

Children’s Residential Care

Under our separate ‘Settled Care’ programme, the charity provides emergency residential care in the community for children (aged 8-17) who are at risk or cannot live with their own families. As an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ care provider, we welcome referrals from local authorities and support workers across the country.

Refer a child for support

5 stages journey (ages 16+)

Timeline 1
Induction and Key Worker Support

New residents are welcomed into one of YMCA’s schemes and assigned a key worker who provides an induction, and helps you to get residents back on their feet. YMCA staff will also help residents engage in social and emotional support where required and develop a clear resettlement and support plan.

Residents in need of additional support can access the Opportunity and Change project, part of the Building Better Opportunities programme, which is funded by the Big Community Fund and the European Social Fund.

Training and Courses

Residents are encouraged to engage with training opportunities we offer to further a variety of independent living skills including budgeting, cooking,
literacy, maths and more. Past courses have been delivered by Princes Trust
, Learn Direct with Nottingham City Council and New College Nottingham amongst others.

Transitional Homes

Having regained a sense of stability and support, residents then move into one of our Transitional Homes in the community. These are shared houses based in Nottingham and Mansfield. Residents will continue to meet with a key worker, attend courses and share duties with housemates. Our aim is to help resident members achieve a sustainable way of living and develop the skills to live independently.

Community Reintegration

Having demonstrated sustained involvement in volunteering, courses and programmes, residents are encouraged to look for paid work to encourage
independence and achieve greater economic wellbeing.

Independent living

We wish residents the very best of luck in building a bright and happy future as they finish their YMCA journey and regain their independence.

Make a Referral

If you would like to refer yourself or someone else to YMCA housing, please complete our online application form. If you would prefer to speak with a member of our Housing team, please drop into your local YMCA reception or contact us on:

Find Us

HR job vacancy YMCA Nottingham

Multiple Complex Needs Services

In partnership with local councils, our Multiple Complex Needs Services work to support homeless individuals to overcome life challenges in Nottingham, Mansfield and Ashfield.

Learn more about MCN

Get involved

YMCA Housing is always looking for translators and volunteers to support activity coordination in our services and help vulnerable young people and adults in our community.

Visit our volunteers page

Host a Fundraiser

Fancy a challenge? Whether it’s a bake-sale, hackathon or sponsored run, swim or skydive – we would love to support your charity event! Make a difference to homeless and young people today.

Get in touch

Make a donation

If you have furniture, clothes, food or any other items you would like to donate to us, we’d love to hear from you. Please feel very welcome to contact your local YMCA for further information.

Donate online now


  • How long can I stay at YMCA Housing?

    YMCA provides supported accommodation based services for up to two years.

  • I have a criminal record. Can I still apply?

    Yes. You will be asked during the application process for further details. If you have a sexual offences or arson conviction, you may be ineligible.

  • Can I bring my partner/children to live with me at YMCA housing?

    Our YMCA housing services are available for single, homeless individuals. Couples (for example) should submit separate application forms.

  • What donations would be most useful to YMCA residents?

    We warmly welcome any and all donations, from new and pre-loved items to financial donations. Regardless of size, we appreciate all support that can help us to help others in need.

    Everyday practical items are always well-received such as towels, cutlery, shower products, diaries (etc.). We also run activities for residents so creative materials such as paints, coloured pencils, paper (or anything else you can think of to add!) would also be very appreciated.

  • Can I apply for housing over the phone?

    Yes. You can call our YMCA Housing teams for help with the application process on the following numbers:


    Nottingham city centre: 0115 837 1871

    Mansfield: 01623 407801

    Goole: 01405 780578