Here’s week 6 of our 7 gym challenges for #TheGames. 1 minute of kettlebell swings. Let us know how you get on!
YMCA gym challenge – week 6 – 1 minute of kettlebell swings..
1. Select a kettlebell at a weight you can work comfortably at.
2. Start standing with the kettlebell on the floor in front of you.
When you are ready – start the clock.
3. Swing the kettlebell up and above your head.
4. Control the kettlebell as it comes down. Bring it between your legs at the bottom.
5. Maintain good form. Keep your back straight and use the power from your hips to shift the weight,
6. Each time the kettlebell reaches a position above your head counts as one rep.
7. Record the number of reps you achieve in one minute.
8. Your score is equal to the weight of your kettlebell (in kg) x the number of reps you achieve within the time.
You can resubmit your score as often as you like before the 28th November 2014.
Watch out for #TheGames on Saturday 29th November 2014 at YMCA gym.
YMCA gym challenge. Week One. Row 1km #TheGames – http://youtu.be/FGJjD_KRxHQ
YMCA gym challenge. Week Two. Box jumps for 1min. #TheGames – http://youtu.be/7erTd7Y0jmE
YMCA gym challenge. Week Three. Push Ups for 1min. #TheGames – http://youtu.be/03HiHQ1KCI0
YMCA gym challenge. Week Four. Plank for time. #TheGames –
YMCA gym challenge. Week Five. Cycle 10km for time. #TheGames – http://youtu.be/tQfGh3ZSPhM