This Autumn we launched a new gym challenge. Get involved and share your scores with us and each other. Pick up a score card from the gym desk! This week its push ups!
Published on Oct 19, 2014
YMCA gym challenge – week 3 – Push ups for 1min.
1. Start standing up on a flat surface (see the video).
When you are ready – start the clock.
2. At the top of each push up your ankles, hips and shoulders should be aligned in one straight line.
3. At the bottom of each push up your chest and thighs must touch the floor.
4. Your score counts as the number of push ups you can complete within one minute.
5. Each time your return to the top position you can increase your score by 1.
8. Record the number of push ups you achieve. Fill in a score card and give it to reception.
If you are unable to do a full push up, you can scale the movement – use your knees as a platform instead of your feet (see video) and write the word ‘scaled’ next to your score.
You can resubmit your score as often as you like before the 28th November 2014.
Watch out for #TheGames on Saturday 29th November 2014 at YMCA gym.
YMCA gym challenge. Week One. Row 1km #TheGames – http://youtu.be/FGJjD_KRxHQ