Commercial Property Asset Manager
We are recruiting for an experienced Commercial Property Asset Manager to support the development and management of all lease homes and the procurement of purchased homes, and other commercial properties as part of the exciting development of YMCA Robin Hood Group.
YMCA Robin Hood Group run a large portfolio of residential properties, office space, hospitality space and hostels across the Group and feel it is the right time to bring in some dedicated resource to better manage this area of our organisation.
The role involves working with the Director of Commercial Development as well as all Services and Departments within the Group to ensure that the property needs are met, through delivery of strategic goals for the business areas and to develop a plan to achieve them.
Working to relevant legislative standards as well as customer expectations, this role will be instrumental in reviewing and developing operational processes to improve performance and support growth.
Working largely autonomously, this role also has responsibility for driving best value from suppliers and contractors by pro-active cost management and procurement through daily operations.
You can expect this role to include:
· Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers, and contractors;
· Produce and evaluate tenders for suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors and (where appropriate) negotiate costs and financial payment terms;
· Instigating checks and vetting in order to support the appointment of contractors tenders and contracts;
· Monitor and evaluate project progress, ensuring the measurement and cost valuation of variations in the work during the contract in order to schedule and agree interim payments and to agree the final account;
· Carry out monthly financial valuations of work-in-progress, including monitoring and forecasting of final costs;
· Prepare cost analysis based on technical providers including architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved;
· Provide advice to Directors and staff on commercial and contractual matters, including reviewing and drafting correspondence;
· Liaise with Directors, staff and contractors to ensure all relevant commercial controls are in place, understood and followed;
· Manage and produce accurate and timely management and Board reports;
This is a brand new role so there is huge scope for you to be able to shape this role and adapt as you settle into the post. As an Association, we are constantly reviewing how we operate and are making changes to our processes and we would actively encourage your suggestions of how we can be the most effective we can be to support the greater aims of the Association.
We are looking for someone with a background in commercial or residential property acquisition. You will have experience in property management and procurement of subcontractors, and managing budgets.
Your commercial acumen will be essential in order to maximising project margin, adding value to the development process through proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting, and driving best value from suppliers and subcontractors.
Your project management skills will be second to none and you will be comfortable to produce routine and ad hoc reporting and have knowledge and experience in estimation and cost analysis.
You will have the confidence to work directly with our Senior Leadership and Executive Leadership teams, to be able to advise them effectively in relation to the findings of your analysis. Being able to listen and interpret their needs is equally as important as you being able to articulate your findings.
You will need to be comfortable working in a busy work environment where you will need to prioritise work from across the Association who will all seek out your expertise.
We would like you to have a relevant degree/HND or project management qualification although your relevant experience is far more important to us.
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Commercial Property Asset Manager”.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.
Commercial Property Asset Manager
Learn more about Nottinghamshire YMCA
Wellbeing and Staff Benefits
As a values based organisation, YMCA cares about the wellbeing of our staff – that is why we ensure a…
YMCA Greater Nottingham provides temporary supported accommodation for vulnerable young people and adults across Nottinghamshire and East Riding. Operating under…
Mindful Employer’ promotes wellbeing in the workplace
We are delighted to announce that Nottinghamshire YMCA will soon be rolling out a brand new Wellbeing programme to boost…